CHAPTER 13: THE GIRL I LEFT BEHIND ME/Three Strange Days

 

Melody had gone through a lot in the last few months and she needed Christmas to be a very certain way, so I played along with that and on the big day we spent a little time at her house and a little time at mine; however, we also went to her ex’s parent’s house for Christmas dinner. Not only did she stay close with her ex and his kids, but she also stayed very close with his parents and his sister, so we spent our very first Christmas together with her ex-husband and his parents. Again though, I did realize this was weird and highly unorthodox; however, I just chose to look at the situation as being rather amusing. There was one point during dinner where I was on the side of the table against the wall and couldn’t freely move about, and then her ex-husband (who was sitting on the other side of the table) got up and asked me if he could get me another drink. I accepted his offer but deep down inside all I wanted to do was just laugh because this situation was just so surreal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog