Paul McCartney’s 5 Greatest Albums Outside of the Beatles

And now for the dramatic conclusion to my countdown that had been flowing somewhat steadily all week. I have named McCartney's top four albums so far and for the last time, these albums have not necessarily been his albums with his biggest hits, but they have been his strongest albums from beginning to finish (in my opinion of course). So without further adieu, here is number 1!

1)Wings Greatest Hits

Alright, I know what you are saying....This isn’t a studio album and you are cheating. Well, on most lists, I would agree. Normally, I wouldn’t add a greatest hits package to a list like this. However, this is the motherload of greatest hits and some of these songs were never actually placed on an actual studio album. Instead they were simply released as singles without an actual home. Then to top it off, these are some of Paul’s best songs outside of the Beatles and some of them were released on albums that were unworthy of such greatness, but here they are all together and each one complimenting the next one in absolute perfection. I was born in 1970 and grew up with these songs on the radio without any clue as to who sang them and when I rediscovered them on this one album, my mind was completely blown. I honestly don’t even feel like I need to break down the album by any one song because they all are great. Very few albums have affected my existence as this one has, so maybe I’m a little biased. Regardless, it is number one on my list.

So there you have it! These are my top five pics for Paul McCartney’s top five albums outside of the Beatles. I would like to give honorable mentions to London Town and Driving Rain; both are filled with great songs but just missed the cut. I would love to hear your thoughts. Do you agree with my top five?  If not, which ones would you pick and why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog